Thursday 21 December 2017

Merry Christmas!

I can’t believe how quickly this year has passed? In January we will be celebrating 11 years, where did the time go? Nevertheless, it’s been quite a Clintful year. Sully was of course released, but failed to ignite the Oscars in any of the major categories. We sadly lost some great friends from the Eastwood family circle such as Richard Schickel, Robert James Waller, Alessandro Alessandroni, Don Rickles, Glen Campbell, Harry Dean Stanton, Fats Domino and Mel Tillis. 
Throughout 2017 I’ve continued to try and post some interesting pieces wherever time has permitted. We celebrated September with an Eiger Sanction month, a film that still remains a firm favourite with many fans. Among other new posts, I’m very proud of our ‘Eastwood’s UK trip of June 1967’ article which I believe is still the most complete on the web, with more images seemingly still filtering through. We also set up a major Gallery (or two) featuring press stills from Where Eagles Dare, and an original piece on Clint’s early recording career. My restoration project on the photos by Foto Vaselli is a slow one and will continue into 2018, but I hope people have found it both rewarding and worthwhile. We also celebrated Clint returning to Cannes this year and of course, we have tried to cover all of the pre-production news (since April) on Clint’s upcoming film The 15:17 to Paris. I should also say that aside from new posts, I am permanently adding to existing posts, additional information and many, many hundreds of additional photos so keep checking them out. 

As always, I would like to thank everyone for visiting. Numbers continue to grow and it looks as if we will be passing the magic 1,000,000 mark in 2018. There is still so much material to post – and tons of treasures from the past that still need to be scanned and prepped for the Archive. It’s all very time consuming, but I continue to try and make this the best possible resource on the web.
I would also like to thank everyone who is kind enough to help and share – genuine people who possess the same sense of passion and for them is also a labour of love.
My sincere appreciation to you all.
Finally, I would like to wish everyone a very Happy Christmas as well as health and happiness, and to the main man, keep doing what you do best, beers to you Sir.

~The Clint Eastwood Archive~  

2 comments:

darkprinceofjazz said...

Yeah, I do tend to return to the "Eiger" more than any other Clint film outside the Dirty Harry films at least... The Gauntlet and High Plains Drifter get a lot of watches too. I still think Play Misty For Me is one of Clint's all time best films, very underrated.

Love the site, great job.

Clint's archive said...

Hey Jason, many thanks, your kind words are very much appreciated. Let's be honest - anything from the super 70s is a winner - That decade of Clint's films were incredible ;-)