Sunday 22 October 2017

Rare Korean LP featuring Hang em high artwork

When it comes to vinyl, I like to think I have a pretty good finger on the pulse. I don't often see this one come along much, a great deal of databases or sites very rarely feature this LP. Whenever I have seen it come up, the asking price is usually quite high. On top of that, the quality is often described as poor - two factors that usually see me turn my back on it. As far as my knowledge goes, I think it comes from 1968 and is in the form of compilation LP, which may also be cover versions (and probably included the popular Hang em high theme). It is often described or translated as TODAY POP SONG 21 and was released on Universal Records Korea with a catalogue No AL 2030. However, I certainly love whoever designed the LP sleeve!

I recently discovered a larger res image of the album which at least provided me with an opportunity to polish up the sleeve and bring it back to somewhere near how it looked on its release in '67. Personally, I love it.

No comments: