Friday 19 February 2010

LACMA and Warner Bros. Presents An Evening with Clint Eastwood

A Big thank you to Warner Brothers for providing me with the superb photos and video below.
LACMA and Warner Bros. Present An Evening with Clint Eastwood Los Angeles County Museum of Art Wednesday February 17th 2010

Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman were among the guests at the L. A. County Museum of Art on Wednesday (Feb. 17) celebrating the debut of the new Clint Eastwood DVD collection (Clint Eastwood: 35 Films 35 Years at Warner Bros.) and the world premiere of Richard Schickel’s new documentary The Eastwood Factor, a rare candid look at Eastwood and his films, narrated by Morgan Freeman. Event also brought attention to Eastwood’s longtime association with Warner Bros. and to LACMA's retrospective of Eastwood films continuing through Feb. 26.

Special guests included: Richard Schickel, Barry Meyer, Chairman and CEO, Warner Bros.Alan (and Cindy) Horn, President & Chief Operating Officer of Warner Bros. Kevin Tsujihara, President of Warner Bros. Home Entertainment Group.Ronald Sanders, President, Warner Home Video. Mark Horak, President of Warner Home Video North America.Jeffrey Baker, Executive Vice President and General Manager, Warner Home Video Theatrical Catalog.Robert A. (Bob) Daly and Terry Semel, Former Chairmen of Warner Bros.
Below: Clint and Morgan Freeman


Below: Clint and long time friend Robert Daly


Below: Actress and co-star of Eastwood's Bird, Diane Venora arrives

Below: The DVD set 35 Films 35 Years and Richard Schickel's upcoming book


Below: L to R Bob Daly, Terry Semel, Morgan Freeman, Richard Schickel, Clint Eastwood, Barry Meyer and Alan Horn

Below: Morgan Freeman, Richard Schickel, Clint Eastwood and Jeff Baker

Below: L to R Terry Semel, Barry Meyer, Clint Eastwood, Richard Schickel, Morgan Freeman, Alan Horn and Bob Daly

Below: Morgan looking as cool as ever..


Below: The Beautiful actress Jennifer Taylor arrives

Below: Producer Mace Neufeild is among the guests

Below: Terry Semel and Clint Eastwood

Below: Jeff Baker

Below: Terry Semel

Below: Alan Horn and Barry Meyer

Below: Barry Meyer

Below: Alan Horn

Below: One of the great poster designs inside the L. A. County Museum

Below: Jeff Baker gives the poster some scale!

From the LACMA
WEEKEND SERIES The Essential Clint Eastwood February 12 - February 26
"I suppose Clint Eastwood is the most underrated director in the world today... an actor like Eastwood is such a pure type of mythic hero-star in the Wayne tradition that no one is going to take him seriously as a director. But someone ought to say it. And when I saw The Outlaw Josey Wales for the fourth time, I realized that it belongs with the great Westerns... And I take my hat off to him."—Orson Welles.
To mark the release of a DVD boxed set of thirty-five Warner Bros. films directed by or starring Clint Eastwood, LACMA presents a weekend series comprised of nine films, plus four matinees. Starting with genre films-the cop thrillers (Dirty Harry) and westerns (The Outlaw Josey Wales) that brought him early acclaim-the series culminates with his mature dramas Honkytonk Man, Unforgiven, Bird, and White Hunter, Black Heart, all of which represent a remarkable range of subject matter. A masterful storyteller and an effortless practitioner of classical mise-en-scene, Eastwood has earned a place in film history among such classically American directors as John Ford, Howard Hawks, King Vidor, and John Huston.
Below: Inside of the L. A. County Museum, some wonderful Eastwood displays

Our thanks to Clint Eastwood, Richard Schickel, and Warner Home Entertainment for their generous assistance in making this series possible.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ante todo te felicito , aunque no sè còmo te llamas ., por este extraordinario blogs, que por casualidad descubrir el lunes .

mi alegria es tan grande puès mi actor y director favorito es el maestro de maestros clint eastwood, soy un gran admirador de el desde muy pequeño de hecho mi sueño es conocerlo en persona , yo sè todo sobre su filmografia y biografìa .,
este año voy a viajar a california en el mes de octubre me gustaria que alguien me ayudase a contactar con el para saludarlo .

desde el lunes e leido todos tus post sobre eastwood es para mi un gran honor escribirte en tu blog, me llamo DOMINGO RUIZ soy de canarias .

me despido deseandote lo mejor saludos

Anonymous said...

escribo nuevamente no se si el comentario mio estaba bien , por eso lo intentarè de nuevo.

ante todo te felicito al caballero /a de este maravilloso blog sobre el maestro de maestro clint eastwood que por casualidad descubrir el lunes y me e leido todo los post sobre clint

soy un gran admirador de clint desde hace màs de 25 años sè todo sobre el ., mi verdadero sueño es conocerlo y saludarlo ., en octubre irè a california solamente a ver si lo conozco , por eso me gustaria pedir ayuda para que alguien me lo presente por favor, gracias.

me llamo DOMINGO RUIZ y soy de las palmas de gran canaria mi correo es domingoruizr@terra.es

Clint's archive said...

Hi Domingo, thank you for your comment, I am not too good on Spanish, but have ran your comments through an online translater, and come up with this:

First of all I congratulate to you, although sè còmo you are not called. , by this extraordinary blogs, that by chance to discover Monday. my joy is so great puès my actor and favorite director is the teacher of teachers clint eastwood, I am a great admirer of from the very small one in fact my dream is to know it in person, I sè everything on his filmografia and biografìa. , this year I am going to travel to California in the month of October gustaria me who somebody helped me to contact with greeting it. from Monday and leido all post on eastwood is for my a great honor escribirte in your blog, I am called DOMINGO RUIZ I am of the Canary Islands. I take leave deseandote best the greetings

I write again not if the commentary mine were well, for that reason intentarè again. first of all I congratulate to the /a horseman of this wonderful blog on the teacher of teacher clint eastwood that by chance to discover Monday and me and leido all post on clint I am a great admirer of clint for màs of 25 years sè everything on. , my true dream is to know it and to greet it. , in October irè to California to only see I know if it, for that reason gustaria me to request aid so that somebody me the present please, thanks. I am called DOMINGO RUIZ and I am of Gran Canaria Las Palmas my mail is domingoruizr@terra.es

I think Domingo is planning a trip to California in October and possibly looking for someone out there who can help show him around?
If you think you can help, and your Spanish is far better than mine, drop Domingo a line at: domingoruizr@terra.es

Hope you get some help Domingo, and thanks again!
TCEA

DOMINGO RUIZ said...

Hola amigo acabo de ver y leer tu respuesta gracias por tu interes.
Te pregunto un proyecto de clint eastwood que tenia pensado dirigir sobre la vida del astronauta NEIL ARMSTRONG, me gustaria que clint llevase a cabo este proyecto tan hermoso sobre un verdadero icono americano.
tambièn me gustaria que clint estribiese un guiòn sobre un western sobre indios y soldados que vienen a pedir ayuda del otro lado seria un western que rompiera vareras ., yo tengo algunas ideas si clint quisiera yo le ayudaria , nadie mejor que el se merece este guion .

saludos nuevamente amigo y suerte en todo

Clint's archive said...

Hello again Domingo,
The Neil Armstrong biography project was brought by Clint, to be made under his Malpaso banner for Warner Brothers back in 2003. It stayed with WB for 5 years, but of course, nothing came of the project. In 2008 the rights were sold to Universal pictures, but I'm not sure if anything has been put into production as yet.
Best
TCEA